1. It is good to give thanks to Yahweh,
to sing praised to your name, O Most High.
2. To declare your loyalty in the morning,
your fidelity at night,
3. to the sound of the lute and the harp,
to the melody of the lyre.
4. For you, Yahweh, have made me rejoice by your work;
at the work of your hands I give a ringing cheer.
Here ends the first Psalm segment for Pentecost 2 in Series B
5. How great are your works, Yahweh!
Your thoughts are very profound!
6. A senseless person has no knowledge,
and only a fool would not understand this.
7. Even if the wicked sprout like crass,
and all evildoers flourish,
they are doomed to everlasting destruction.
8. But you, Yahweh, are most high forever.
9. For behold your enemies, O Yahweh,
for behold your enemies will perish;
all evildoers will be scattered.
10. But you have raised my horn like that of a wild ox;
you have anointed me with luxuriant oil.
11. My own eyes have seen the downfall of my enemies ,
my own ears have heard the doom of those evil people who rise up against me.
Here begins the second segment for Pentecost 2 in Series B.
12. The righteous flourish like a palm tree,
and grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
13. They are transplanted in the house of Yahweh,
they flourish in the courts of our God.
14. Even in their senior years they bear fruit;
they remain green and luxuriant,
15. to declare that Yahweh is upright;
he is my divine mountain, and there is no deceptiveness in him.
Ralph W. Klein, 2009