(1) How to be emulated is the person
who has not walked in the advice of the wicked,
nor stood in the way of sinners,
nor sat in the session of the arrogant scoffers.
(2) But in the instruction or revelation of Yahweh is her delight
In this Torah she meditates day and night (or: From this Torah she reads aloud day and night)
(3) This enviable person is like a tree transplanted by irrigation canals,
|which produces its fruit at its expected time;|
|its leaves do not wither,|
|and all-it-puts-forth prospers. (3)|
(4) Not like this are the wicked
|But they are like the chaff which the wind drives away.|
(5) Thus the wicked do not participate in the place of judgment
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous
(6) For Yahweh knows/cares for/embraces the way of the righteous
while the way of the wicked perishes.
© Ralph W. Klein
December 7, 2000
Feel free to use the translation of this Psalm in Christian worship.
Resources for Psalm 1